You've got two weeks to get your film in for the early deadline. You'll save some money if you do, but the final deadline is a couple of months down the line on July 16.
Here's the info that you can also find on the Indie Memphis Web site.
Entries for the 2007 festival are being accepted now. The Indie Memphis Soul of Southern Film Festival 2007 Entry Form and Rules
Festival Dates: October 19 - 25, 2007
Muvico Peabody Place Theaters in downtown Memphis
Deadlines for Entry: Postmarked June 1(early) or July 16 (late)
The Indie Memphis film festival focuses on films of a “southern persuasion”; that is, films that have some connection to the American South. Some examples from past festivals include films made in the South or by Southern filmmakers, as well as films that deal with the Southern experience or themes/subjects that are particularly relevant to the South and Southerners.
All entries must have been completed in the past two years. In addition, IM gives priority to films that have not screened in Memphis over the past six months.
Formats accepted for exhibition are: 35mm, Betacam SP, DVD, and Mini DV. Films in 35 mm must have composite optical soundtracks.
* Entries must be submitted prior to the entry deadline on VHS or DVD.
* All entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form, signed and dated with all information printed or typed clearly and completely. The Indie Memphis film festival is not responsible for incorrect wording in publications or on awards if the entry form is incorrect or not legible.
* All entries must be accompanied by a check or money order for the appropriate fee, made out to Indie Memphis. Entries not accompanied by a check or money order will not be considered.
* Each entry must be on a separate tape with an entry form and payment.
* Entrant’s name and address and the production’s title and running time must be on each CD/videotape. IMPORTANT.
* Do not submit works in progress or rough cuts.
* Do not include separate trailers, outtakes or bloopers as part of your film.
* Include with each entry a short synopsis of the film on a separate sheet, and one still photograph for use in the program (digital format preferred, if available).
* Screeners and still photographs will not be returned.
* Entries must be shipped pre-paid and in a suitable container. Insurance is the responsibility of the entrant. IM will confirm when the film has been received.
* Programming decisions will be made by early September, and we will notify all filmmakers promptly.
Entry Deadlines and Fees:
Early deadline: June 1, 2007
* Less than 30 minutes - $20
* 30 minutes or more - $30
Final deadline: July 16, 2007
* Less that 30 minutes - $25
* 30 minutes or more - $35
Competition and Awards:
Films will be accepted for competition in four categories:
Narrative short (less than 30 minutes in length)
Experimental and Animation
Films made by Shelby County, TN, residents will also be eligible for the Hometowner Awards, sponsored by the Memphis and Shelby County Film & Television Commission.
All films will be eligible for The Ron Tibbett Excellence in Filmmaking Award.
Every precaution will be exercised in handling entries and screening copies of films, but neither the festival organizers, employees, sponsors, nor participating organizations can assume responsibility for damage to or loss of materials submitted.
Submission of a work confirms that the Indie Memphis Film Festival has permission to exhibit it (and any moving image excerpts or reproduced stills) during the festival and for any publicity or promotion.
Submission of a work acknowledges agreement to all conditions and terms and the holding of all necessary rights to submission.
PMB # 632
1910 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104