Friday, February 23, 2007

Craig Brewer presents ...




"I was telling friends of mine earlier that I wish I could go back in time to -- there was this place, this bar called The Last Place on Earth ... and me and my friend Mike McCarthy used to shoot movies and we'd project them up on these dirty sheets with bad projectors that we'd have to get for a couple of six-packs. And then the Subteens would play afterwards and the sound sucked and the picture was weak but it was like you were watching rock and roll. I've felt like I always wanted to bring this movie back to that time."
--Craig Brewer, Feb. 22, 2007 at the Memphis premiere of "Black Snake Moan"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike McCarthy is a very talented guy. He is a terrific artist with an eye for moving composition. He is due.

Jimbo Barnett